Welcome to the Exhall Grange Specialist School website
Exhall Grange is a 2-19 community maintained specialist school which meets the needs of children and young people with visual impairment, physical disabilities, complex medical needs and social and communication interaction difficulties.
Our latest news stories
Jordan and Charlotte’s stories
Jordan and Charlotte started on a work experience programme at Dunlop Systems and Components whilst students at Exhall Grange School. Both students made excellent progress whilst on placement. So much so that they were both offered apprenticeships with the company once they had completed their Year 13 education.
“Dunlop Systems & Components Ltd (DSC) have a close link with Exhall Grange Specialist School due to their close proximity to the factory. Jordan and Charlotte initially joined DSC for a period of work experience in which they were able to show us their abilities and this led to DSC offering an apprenticeship to them. This has been very successful, and I cannot express enough how beneficial to the business Charlotte and Jordan have been. They have both grown into the role of fully fledged valuable employees”.
Pupils visit RSC, Stratford-upon-Avon
In readiness for their imminent GCSE English Literature examination; Year 11 Literature pupils were treated to a contemporary performance of their set GCSE Shakespeare text Romeo and Juliet.
The pupils enjoyed the performance and found it very useful for their revision of Shakespeare’s language and the themes contained within the play.
EmployAbility welcomes GEFCO UK
Exhall Grange and the Cadent EmployAbility team had been in talks with Sandra Trainor, HR Business Partner of GEFCO UK, to consider hosting a 10 week trail placement based in the Warehouse at their Head Office at Pro-Logis Park. Following a site visit and an introduction day at GEFCO, Liam was offered his 3rd placement based at GEFCO UK.
Liam began his placement on 16th April and after an intensive induction day, Liam was introduced to the Warehouse Team and has hit the ground running in the Decanting Dept. Liam is supported by Ian Jones, Site Manager and Mentored by Darren Lavill, Operations Manager.
Coventry City Football Club Visit Exhall Grange (March 2018)
We offer a mainstream curriculum and endeavour to break down barriers to learning. Through high quality teaching and personalised support, we aim to unlock the potential of every pupil so that they leave our school as well rounded citizens, ready to embrace the next step of their learning journey.
• That we strive to be an outstanding school that meets the complex needs of all our pupils and the communities they represent.
• That we constantly improve the quality of the learning outcomes for individuals by refining and refreshing our high quality teaching, reviewing our curriculum and by using assessment and targeting consistently and effectively.
• That all staff of the school, are committed to personal and shared development of skills that strengthen and support our strategic purpose and vision.
• That we remain open-minded as we seek to follow opportunities that strengthen our focus.
• That we maintain and develop self-evaluation and self reflection in ways that consistently focus on the best outcomes for individuals.
• That we undertake strategic planning that enables us to use our skills, expertise and ambitions to support all the pupils we work with.