Welcome to the Exhall Grange Specialist School website
Exhall Grange is a 2-19 community maintained specialist school which meets the needs of children and young people with visual impairment, physical disabilities, complex medical needs and social and communication interaction difficulties.
School contact during COVID-19 – updated 9th April 2020
If you need to contact the school please do the following:
- Contact school first, within school hours, on 02476 36 4200
If there is no reply or outside school hours and your query is urgent, please contact the following:
- Mrs Marshall, Headteacher on 07825 230940
- Mrs Seickell, Deputy Headteacher on 07557 487432
Warwickshire Welfare Scheme – www.warwickshire.gov.uk/localwelfarescheme
Bereavement support – COVID – 19 Support WES EPS
email: email@example.com or 0808 808 1677
Family Information Service – www.warwickshire.gov.uk/childrenandfamilies
Domestic Abuse Helpline – www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk
Citizens Advice Service – www.citizensadvice.org.uk
Young Carers – 02476 217740
Samaritans Helpline 116 123 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Childline – 0800 1111
Coventry & Warwickshire MIND online support – https://cwmind.org.uk/autism-resources/
VI-Accessible Lockdown Activities – NATSIP VI Lockdown Activities
Our latest news stories
A letter from the Headteacher
31st July 2020
Statement from Warwickshire County Council’s Specialist Transport Team
20th May 2020
Warwickshire Transport have offered this clarification regarding how we will manage student transport with social distancing as more children return to school.
They are limiting transport to 1 student per taxi, larger vehicles may be able to take more if distancing is possible.
They want to encourage parents/carers to transport children themselves and claim Travel Allowance – this will relieve network pressure and reduce the number of people children come into contact with.
Because of social distancing and transport staff unavailability in some cases, it is essential that parents/carers are informed that there is no guarantee their child will be conveyed by their normal transport or with the usual people, but that the council will make every effort to accommodate pupil/parents/carers wishes, where possible.
Exhall Grange celebrates VE Day
In the week leading up to VE Day 2020, pupils and staff worked together to create bunting to celebrate the special 75th Anniversary day.
A special thanks to Ms Martin, Miss Jones and Mrs Worwood who delivered the bunting to raise the spirits of the self-isolating elderly and needy in Bedworth.
As you can see, our bunting made its way on to a Harringtons Heritage coach!
Warwickshire Schools Health Newsletter
Please find a link to the latest Warwickshire Schools Health Newsletter here.
Support during COVID19 from Warwickshire Educational Psychology Service
Please find a link to information from the Warwickshire Educational Psychology Service here.
Warwickshire County Council Family Information Service Newsletter
Please find a link to the latest Warwickshire County Council Family Information Service’s Newsletter here.
Lenny’s Home Learning Project on World War 2
Lenny has produced the following writing in connection with his World War 2 home learning. Fantastic work Lenny!
‘Wartime air raid shelter
When the sirens went off, I was a little bit scared. When I got into the air raid shelter, I felt shivery and nervous. I could imagine everyone could have felt very scared especially little children. I would have been very worried if that happened to me knowing that bombs were dropping over us.
When listening to Winston Churchill giving his speech it reminded me of Boris Johnson and her majesty the Queen talking about the Covid 19 virus and I felt a bit emotional but reassured upon hearing this.’
• That we strive to be an outstanding school that meets the complex needs of all our pupils and the communities they represent.
• That we constantly improve the quality of the learning outcomes for individuals by refining and refreshing our high quality teaching, reviewing our curriculum and by using assessment and targeting consistently and effectively.
• That all staff of the school, are committed to personal and shared development of skills that strengthen and support our strategic purpose and vision.
• That we remain open-minded as we seek to follow opportunities that strengthen our focus.
• That we maintain and develop self-evaluation and self reflection in ways that consistently focus on the best outcomes for individuals.
• That we undertake strategic planning that enables us to use our skills, expertise and ambitions to support all the pupils we work with.